The full form of CBSE is Central Board of Secondary Education. It was established on 3rd November 1962 and is headquartered in New Delhi. Presently CBSE chairperson is Dr. Gursimran Dhillon. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the most important education board of schooling in our India and till now around 20, 000 + schools have been affiliated with CBSE. CBSE has official language Hindi and English.
CBSE conducts annual exam of 10th and 12th in the month of March. It also conducts various types of tests such as AIMPT exam which is mandatory to pass for getting enrollment in various medical colleges. Apart from these exams, CBSE also takes central teachers eligibility test which is provided by NET. It also conducts the AIEEE exam to get admission in Engineering and Architecture, which is now known as JEE.
Objectives Of CBSE
- To define appropriate academic approaches for stress free, holistic and child centered education without compromising on quality.
- To monitor and analyze the quality of academic activities on the basis of feedback collected from different stakeholders.
- To propose plans to improve education in schools consistent with the National goals.
- To organize capacity building programs to update the skills and professional competency of teachers.
- To prescribe the format and conditions of exams and conduct final exams of 10th and 12th class.
- To prescribe and update the guidelines or instructions for CBSE examinations.
- To affiliate the institutions who fulfills the requirements of CBSE.