B.Ed Full Form is Bachelor of Education. BEd is a degree course. Earlier it was recognized as Bachelor of training. The duration of this course is different in different countries. In Australia it has a duration of 4 years. It is 2 years degree in India.
The B.Ed course used to be 1 year earlier, but has been changed to 2 years from session 2015-16. It includes practicals, training and internship in addition to classroom based teaching. you can do it from regular mode or distance mode. It is also called open learning. Distance mode is for those students who cannot come to college everyday.
ELIGIBILITY FOR B.ED
To do B.Ed by the session 2018-19, one must have 12th and under graduation (B.sc, B.com, B.A.) completed. You must have 50% in graduation to do b.ed. In some colleges it can be up to 55%
If you are taking admission in B.Ed from session 2019-20, then you must pass 12th. The age limit has also been fixed in this new change according to which your maximum income for b.ed should be 33 years.
BENEFITS OF B.ED
- After doing B.ed you can make your career in teaching line.
- After doing this course, you can teach in any private or government school.
- After B.ed you become eligible for M.ed.
EMPLOYMENT AREAS AFTER B.ED
1. Schools and colleges
2. Coaching centers
4. Private tuition
5. Home tuition ‘s
6. Researchand development agencies .
JOBS AFTER B.ED
1. Educational Researcher
3. Assistant dean
4. Content writer
8. Vice Principal
9. Syllabus designer
COLLEGES FOR B.ED IN INDIA
- Lady Sri Ram College for women ,Delhi
- Department of education (University of Delhi)
- Department of educational studies (Jamia Millia Islamia University), Delhi
- Kasturi Ram College of higher education, Delhi
- Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Lady Irwin College, Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College of Education, Delhi
- Department of Education (University of Calcutta) Kolkata
- Amity Institute of Education (Amity University) Noida
- Loreto College,Kolkata